Dress: Necessary clothing
Ring: Custom made
Nail polish: SinfulShine
Someone said that pink is not just a color it is an attitude.( I think it was Miley Cirus hahaha) I wouldn’t know because this is ( I pinky swear :P) my first pink piece of clothing! So I don’t have pink attitude. Not kidding. Growing up I was not such a girly girl. I was really into grunge and rock music and it was a shame to look human and girly! ( ehhh being young has its rules) so you would never catch me wearing dresses and God forbids anything pink. My poor mother was mortified. Thankfully, like everything in life different phases fade and we evolve. Oh yeah my fashion evolved dramatically around my college years. But there was always something about pink that I couldn’t get myself to wear. Now I like experimenting a bit more and going beyond my comfort zone… a girl who has pretty much every type of animal print in the closet ( a whole Zoo) and hair on fire is not going to let pink intimidate her! 🙂 So there it is me in a pink dress and pink lipstick and guess what I like it. I have always been a fan of magazines columns where they show you how to style one piece of clothing in different ways. That’s why I decided to pair up my dress with my leather jacket, it gives the whole look a more edgy feel ( look at my non pink version with the same jacket in my last post http://www.patinkasworld.com/2016/05/love-shoes-much/) My favorite accessories big hat, some animal print ( to express the animal in me) and statement jewelry makes my pink attitude. Ah well and tassels ! Fringe make that life is immediately so much better 🙂
How to style pink and own it if you are not a pink person:
- Go for a tone of pink that is more settled don’t go for something too crazy ( at least in the beginning)
- Pair up your pink thing with your favorite accessories. Make it yours! Add your attitude.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment after all even if you don’t like it well at least you know it’s not your color.
- Always be yourself if it doesn’t feel right it won’t look good. Nothing looks better than confidence.
- Have fun with fashion. That’s the whole point! Make your own pink attitude! ( or other color :P)
Pix by Priceless Moments Entertainment